Sunday, September 12, 2010

Shower time

I have put off Dakotah's shower long enough today - now it's time. I have so much reading to do for my doctorate class that I hate stopping, but I have to do this for her. These are the days/times when I wish I could say, "Dakotah, it's time for you to take your shower." Instead, I have to carry her from her room into my bathroom - avoiding catching her arms or head on the door frame (the house I'm renting is an older one and the bathroom doors are so small). Then I put her on her shower chair - thank goodness for the stand so I don't have to bend over. Let me tell you, she HATES getting a shower. I have to shave under her arms and she really doesn't like that! The shower stall is so narrow and she frogs her legs out so that she usually ends up with bruises on her knees. My dream is to one day have a bathroom that is nothing but tile that is essentially a huge shower with just a sink in it and a fold-up (on the wall) changing table. Then I could undress/dress her in there. I would be able to get to all sides of her instead of standing on the lip of the shower and essentially soaking the bathroom rugs. But, I know that's a BIG dream and one that won't come true anytime soon so we make due with what we have. I'm just grateful that her shower chair fits the width of the shower!!!!!

Well, sorry to vent.....please know that I'm not complaining, just venting!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment