Friday, September 17, 2010

Important information about donations

Hi everyone!  I need to let you know some information I found out today regarding donations for "Dollar 4 Dakotah".  Unfortunately, you won't be able to claim them on your taxes because I am just a mom (with the help of "VOLUNTEERS") trying to raise money to cover medical and living expenses due to being out of work because of Dakotah's surgery.  Per the IRS, "Only donations to qualified organizations are tax-deductible" and Dollar 4 Dakotah is not a qualified charitable organization. It is just a name I came up with for the cause.


So, any donations you make to our cause are just out of the goodness of your heart!  Please know that I understand if this deters any of you from helping.  If you still would like to help, I was able to open a bank account in Dakotah's name today to link to her paypal.  Again, the paypal address is dollar4dakotah@gmail.com.  If you don't want to do the donation through paypal, you can mail a check to us.  Please email me at scrmom6@gmail.com and I will give you my mailing address.

Again, I am very, very sorry that you won't be able to claim on your taxes those donations made specificially for Dakotah! 

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment