Monday, September 13, 2010

Current financial situation and how Dakotah's spine surgery will impact us –

I only have 4 days of sick leave to use (and that’s provided I don’t have to use them between now and Nov). I can’t join our sick leave bank because Florida Statute states that the sick leave bank can only be accessed for the employee’s illness – not any family member for ANY reason (personally I think this is ridiculous). I will not have ANY income in December (that’s $3273 gross and $2334 net). My insurance premiums won’t get paid – that is a total of $690 for December. Fortunately they will bill me but then that means that they will deduct the money in January so my January checks will be a considerate amount less than usual.

I am still 2 months behind on my wheelchair van payment-$472/month (owe 7/30 and 8/30 payments). I thank God every day that the lender has been sympathetic to my situation and has not repossessed the van. If I lose the van, I can’t transport her because she has to ride in her wheelchair. I don’t know how I’m ever going to get caught up – especially since I won’t have any income to pay December’s payment and will have trouble with January’s payment.

I have 4 credit cards that I have to try to make the minimum payment due. 2 are giving me hardship payments ($65/mo on one and $80/mo on the other one).

I have electric, water, cable/internet, cell phone, Nate’s car payment ($330/mo-so high bc my credit is bad and he has no credit but he needed reliable transportation to get back and forth from college), car insurance ($400/mo for both our cars – CRAZY).

The hospital stay will cost me $1250 for the copay ($250/day for days 1-5). I will definitely need help with that. Her monthly seizure meds are $21 in co-pays.

No comments:

Post a Comment