Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mornings


My morning routine is a little different than most moms - even if they are single moms. I have to feed & administer seizure meds to my daughter via a feeding tube, change her diaper, dress her, and put on her AFOs (foot braces). She cannot assist me so I am turning and lifting 72 lbs. all by myself. Once she's ready, I lift her to put her in her wheelchair.


Right now life is even more different for us because we do not have our own place. We are living in a bedroom at a friend's house. I am so grateful to them, but it's hard. I am a late night person and the t.v. and computer light sometimes wake her up. Sometimes when she wakes up she'll have a seizure - not fun - and then I feel really bad.


Well, have to get ready to go to work - I teach middle school students with learning disabilities. I will be back tonight to explain why we currently/temporarily don't have a place of our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment