Monday, May 17, 2010

Ellen Yay May/Tough times entry

Hi everyone! I hope if you are reading this that you will forward the link to this post to all your friends/followers and then help me by tweeting Ellen Degeneres, messaging her on facebook, or doing entries on her show's webpage. I really need help! Please read...

Ellen-I'm not down because I have a daughter w/disabilities or that I will probably never hear her say I love you mom or feel her arms hugging me. I’m not upset that I have to change a 12 yr old’s diaper or watch her have daily seizures (even though it breaks my heart). I feel blessed that I was chosen to be her mom. I’m even trying to find the “reason” behind my current situation, but it gets hard. I’m a single mom of 2, was just evicted & about to lose my wheelchair ramp van. We are living in 1 bedroom of someone else's home w/all daughter's supplies. Can lose van bc that’s how I get her to dr. appts/school. I teach students w/disabilities & am actually nominated for “Special Education Teacher” of the yr for my county. Little does everyone know that behind the smile/hard work is a breaking heart bc I can’t provide for my kids like I should. We do NOT qualify for ANY assistance (even my daughter). No child support. Credit cards maxed/behind ($5000). Got this way bc she was in ICU, then I broke ankle/needed surgery/cast-ALL time off w/o pay. Have sr. year expenses for my son also. I’m working on my doctorate to make more money & can't work 2nd job bc have no care for her. I'm really trying to "dance" & see the light at the end of what seems to be an eternal tunnel, but it's getting harder & harder. I’m actually Thank you for helping me laugh everyday & appreciate that I’m not the only one in this kind of situation. I really need you Ellen!

No comments:

Post a Comment