Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Thanksgiving is this month - Here are some thoughts on my thankfulness

I am thankful that the little girl who doctors said would not live past 1 is now about to turn 13 years old in February. I am so thankful for the smile that I get from my daughter that is her way of saying, "I love you". She has a rare syndrome and cannot talk. I may never hear those words or hear her call me mommy, but I am thankful that she has a special way of communicating to me that she loves me and knows I'm her mommy. I am thankful that she has a pediatrician that listens to me, includes me when making decisions about her medical care, and trusts me to research things that she needs. I am thankful that she can cry to let me know she's in pain and laugh to let me know when she's happy. I am thankful that I have had the strength to raise her alone. I am thankful that she has my eyes. I am thankful that she has been relatively healthy so far. I am thankful that I can give her endless kisses and she can't tell me to stop :-)


Ellen, as strange as some people may view this, I am thankful that I was chosen, no, I was BLESSED to be her mom. She has taught me not to take a single thing for granted. She has taught her older brother to be appreciative of his ability to walk, run, talk, drive a car, have a girlfriend - all the things that she won't be able to do. I AM THANKFUL FOR MY DAUGHTER, DAKOTAH, and I am thankful to her for making me a better person!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'll be keeping you guys in my thoughts. How long do they expect she'll be in the hospital for?

    Love the picture of you guys in Fl Gators gear - I'm a Gator Girl!

    Take Care,
    Mary Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of love and lots of prayers are said for you!!!

    oxox-Camille

    ReplyDelete