Friday, November 5, 2010

Only 11 days before surgery

Well, there are only 11 days until Dakotah's surgery.  Every day adds a little more anxiety for me.  I have started setting stuff out that I need to pack since we will be at Arnold Palmer Hospital in Orlando for a minimum of 5 days.  I am taking her angel bear that I bought when she was 2 months old and had brain surgery.  I've also packed comfy pjs for me.  I'm definitely going to remember to take my own pillow and comforter.  I will take Dakotah's pink/purple quilt that her grandma made for her to add some color and a touch of specialness to her bed.  Its those little things that will help make the stay a little more bearable.  I also have a dear friend, Amanda, who is putting together a food basket for me of snacks so I don't have to leave Dakotah's room very often. 

Thank you all for your continued support and prayers.  It does mean a lot and I am so overwhelmingly touched by the bonds that I have formed with people that have never even met us (my Twitter friends) XO

No comments:

Post a Comment