Thursday, November 18, 2010

Surgery was a success!!!

I am happy to be posting that Dakotah's surgery was very successful and so far she is recovering very well.  she is still in quite a bit of pain and has to be on regular pain medication but that is to be expected.  She got moved today from the Special Care Unit to the regular ortho floor.  The room is much smaller, but cozier and her bed is closer to the t.v. so that is great for her.  She also got her new wheelchair today and spent an hour in it. 

We will be here (Arnold Palmer Hospital in Orlando) until at least Sunday, 11/21.  The dr. hasn't started talking about release yet.  She does still have the drain and obviously that will have to be out.  She got her cath out today and is on her feeding pump for nutrition/hydration (no more IV)!!! This evening she even smiled at me and made some sounds (this is her talking)!!! I was sooo excited to see that smile!

I am convinced that all those thoughts and prayers from around the country are what have caused her to do so well.  I came into this surgery not knowing what to really expect.  Of course I thought about the bad things, but didn't necessarily expect them.  However, I do have to say that she's done MUCH better than what I expectations I did have.  She's a little fighter that girl!!!

Thank you for your prayers & support! Please keep them coming.  Also, our financial need for Dollar 4 Dakotah still exists so please pass along our blog and the information for that if you can!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment