Monday, September 16, 2013

Dakotah was victim of a "grant-a-wish catfish" We need your help to raise airline and concert ticket $$.

If you watch MTV, I'm sure you've heard of or watched the show "Catfish".  A catfish is basically a person who creates an online profile (Facebook, Twitter, dating websites, etc.) that does NOT have their picture.  They usually find pictures online from other websites or profiles and use those as their's (including family members).  Usually these "catfish" are out for love relationships.  Well, Dakotah and I have fell prey to a "catfish".  That is the only thing I can think to say about her.  We met through a Bon Jovi chat room on Facebook.  Back in June I was merely talking about how Bon Jovi's music has affected Dakotah (you can read previous post in the blog about that).  Well, someone else referred me to this person saying that she "may surprise me with who she knows".  Apparently the catfish (I do not want to use her name at this time - that will come later) has a FB profile that has her portrayed as someone she may not be - also not using her name because none of this was her fault. She apparently used a different name in our chat to "protect her celebrity identity".

On 06/30/13, the catfish told me in chat to "hold on while I make a phone call".  She came back approx 15 min later and stated that she had spoken to Richie Sambora (a friend of her's also stated that she got Richie to donate $50,000 to MAWF) and that Dakotah was being given VIP tickets and backstage passes to the Las Vegas show.  The catfish even had me go into our Bon Jovi group chat and tell everyone (this still blows my mind).  A few days later the catfish even said that the airline tickets were taken care of and that Dakotah would be treated like a "princess" at the airport and by TSA.  I told Dakotah and began making plans.

Fortunately I figured out in time that the catfish wasn't who she said she was.  I confirmed this through a relative of the celebrity she portrays herself to be.  I also confirmed things about her family to prove that she isn't who she has people believing she is. Furthermore, I confirmed with her "friend" that was taking care of the airline that he had no knowledge of the details of the trip (destination or that it involved Bon Jovi).  He further stated that he had never even met this person.  I did other research that I won't disclose at this time but trust me when I say, she victimized my daughter and is a "grant-a-wish catfish"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did not seek her out - she sought us out in that chat and since someone else vouched for her, I had no reason to doubt at the time (plus I guess I was blinded by the joy that my daughter would get to meet Bon Jovi and they would get to meet a teenager who has been touched so much by their music that she "sings" (make noises) to their music even though she cannot talk.

So, the Vegas trip was too expensive to raise money for so that is why it has been changed to Toronto.  I am making contacts daily to try to make the meet/greet happen.  I am posting on Facebook, Tweeting, emailing, etc. anyone and everyone I can think of.  I HAVE to make this happen for Dakotah.  I cannot go through Make-a-Wish because approximately 5-6 years ago Dakotah received a wish and it was a t.v. for her bedroom and dvd player for the van.  I have found a local radio station in Toronto that I will be contacting this week.  But I have to raise the money to get us there first.

If you can pass this along, I would greatly appreciate it.  November 1-2 isn't that far away.  I still have to raise $365.20 for the roundtrip airline tickets (they cost $515.20 but just received donation of $150 today).  I have try to raise this money quickly before the non-stop flights at that price sell out.  Since she has rods in her back, she really needs to fly nonstop.   I also have to raise $700 for the concert tickets (5th row due to vision issues she has) and $300 for the hotel (we have to be close to the venue the night of the concert so I have a place to get her out of her wheelchair to change her diaper, etc).  She has visual impairment so she needs to be on the floor as close to the stage as possible but she cannot stand/get out of her wheelchair.  I will stand the whole time - who sits at a Bon Jovi concert anyway, right???

There are 2 ways to donate - I have a PayPal account - if you have a Paypal account, you can send to her Dakotah's account at dollar4dakotah@gmail.com.  I have also set up a post office box if anyone wants to remain anonymous or doesn't have PayPal.  That address is Dakotah Hughes, c/o Jennifer Hughes, P.O. Box 92974, Lakeland, FL 33804.  



No comments:

Post a Comment