Monday, September 23, 2013

The Details Behind the "Grant-a-Wish Catfish"

PLEASE help make a wish come true for teen with 3 life-threatening medical conditions.  Some of you may have seen my post back on 8/25 about this (and thank you so much to those who have already donated) but now I have more details that I can share with you.  I wanted to verify things before putting them in writing.  This post is a little lengthy but I feel compelled to tell you details so neither you nor any of your loved ones will be a victim of something like this like my daughter was.  I hope you’ll take the time to read it.

My daughter, Dakotah, has Aicardi Syndrome (neuro, epilepsy, scoliosis), Hyperoxaluria (liver/kidneys), & now Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome (heart).  We met a wonderful group of Bon Jovi fans through the Bon Jovi app & then became a part of a “Jovi sisters” group on Facebook. On 06/30/13 in our group chat, I was discussing how Bon Jovi’s music has positively affected Dakotah (she makes sounds to their music when it’s on – she can’t talk – I will probably never hear “I love you” from her). A member of the chat told me I should contact “Stacy Summers” because she might have a way to contact Richie (Sambora). Please note that everything in quotes came directly from messages from the people named.  I, in no way, made anything up. I also want everyone to know that the person contacted regarding the airline tickets (below) nor Richie Sambora had anything to do with this in a bad way.

Going back to 6/30/13, I contacted Stacy right then via private chat & after asking a few questions, she told me to hold on.  She came back in approx. 15 min & stated, “Ok you are in you will have tickets to the Vegas concert and the backstage VIP to meet the boys. And it's all coming from Richie Sambora he will be contacting me in the next for days to get address and more details”.  I even asked her about it again on 7/1, & she stated, “Yes he will make sure plus you will have your tickets VIP Backstage before that .So you're good”.  Also on 7/1 from Stacy, “Richie said he will contact me in the next few days with details and all” and “Everything will be perfect Richie is involved so it will be like a dream”.  I told Dakotah & this was her reaction to my friend talking to her about it - http://youtu.be/tSTuZ8yBbus.  On 7/4 Stacy then stated, “When Richie comes back to the states I will ask him to write some sort of letter so everything will go smoothly for our princess ... Everything is good for the two of you”.

On 7/2 I asked her via chat about a post I saw on her wall about the airline tickets.  She responded, “Yes he (Mike) contacted SW and told them what's going on SW promise him they will give our little girl Royal treatment. She will not be getting out of her wheelchair by TSA. TSA is going to allow her to remind seated. She will be taken care of with love.”  She also stated on this same date, “Now what Mike is trying to do is see if SW will donate the Airline tickets but I didn't say a word until he pushes his weight in there and confirm it”.  On 7/3 Stacy stated, “I'm seeing Mike tomorrow so he will have all details” & then on 8/8 she stated, “Jennifer, Mike is going to send you the Airline tickets he ask me if they were purchase yet.”  I asked again on 8/21 about everything because I had not received anything in writing & she stated, “I'm going to call Richie not sure how mike is doing it I will call him this eve”.  I tell you all this bc I finally private messaged Mike myself on 9/4/13 to ask him about his role in all this.  He replied (condensed version), “I am also so sorry for the mess you and your daughter have gone through. I was contacted by Stacy Summers and asked if we could provide free tickets for a Make-A-Wish child. I advised Ms. Summers, whom I have never met, to contact Southwest Airlines and did not hear anything further. I never offered to buy tickets and in my last communication with Stacy Summers, I told her I was not comfortable with the accolades being spread across Facebook because I didn't feel I deserved the recognition having done nothing more than refer her to another carrier. I have never heard anything more about this since she last told me she was handling everything. Until this note, I didn't even know the details of the trip, where it was going or anything about Bon Jovi. Again, God bless you and your family. This is very disappointing Ms Summers did this.”

Stacy exploited my 15 yr-old daughter by having me take a picture of my daughter holding a sign saying, “Thank you Mr. Mike…..” I did this on 7/12 after receiving this message from her, “I already did it. I handwritten on a piece of paper. Thank You Mike M. with me holding it up to the camera and sent text it to him. I was just wondering if you would like to do one so I can send it to him on his cell.”

Vegas is totally out of the question now due to time and money; however, the Toronto show on 11/1 is what we are shooting for.  Someone has already donated the hotel for the 2 nights and the airline tickets were so obtained (after the original posting of this post).

There are 2 ways you can donate – Paypal is one & the email address is dollar4dakotah@gmail.com.  The 2nd way is postal mail – Dakotah Hughes, c/o Jen Hughes, P. O. Box 92974, Lakeland, FL 33804.

Thank you in advance and please feel free to share this message with ANYONE !!!!  Also, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment