Sunday, October 30, 2011

It's been almost a year...why are we still struggling?

Well, it's hard to believe that it's been almost a year since Dakotah's spine surgery (11/16/10).  She is doing FABULOUS!!!! I am so grateful!  She got a new wheelchair - luckily it was covered 100% by my health insurance.  She's still waiting to receive ANY kind of assistance here in Florida; however, I'm not holding my breath because they are cutting funding to many programs within the Agency for Persons with Disabilities so I doubt they'll be picking up anyone from the waiting list any time soon. 

Unfortunately, I have to start our "Dollar for Dakotah" campaign again.  I found out about a week ago that I have to have $1400 worth of dental work done on my bottom left side.  I'm not thrilled but it isn't elective, it has to be done.  :( 

We still have the paypal account - dollarfordakotah@gmail.com that can be used.  If it is sent as a gift, Paypal won't charge the sender or receiver. 

I have to try to raise $1000 at the most to make a wheelchair van payment and then the rest will go toward bills since I have had to take bill money and pay the dentist.  Again, we won't really have a Christmas, but as long as we have a roof over our head with electricity, groceries in the fridge, and my van so I can transport Dakotah, I am happy!!!!  

ANYTHING would help though - $1 adds up if the word gets out there and gets passed around. 

Thank you in advance for any help anyone can give us!!!! XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Hi
    My best wishes to you. Everything will be fine soon. Will bookmark your post and pass it to other people too for help.

    cervical spinal stenosis surgery Houston, TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. She will be fine soon. I hope the year 2012 will be fabulous for you. My prayers for you people all the time. :)
    spine doctors in nj

    ReplyDelete